Submissions for the 2022 HBA Honorable Mentor are now closed!
The winner will be announced in early 2022!
What is the Honorable Mentor Award?
Presented at the annual HBA Woman of the Year (WOTY) event, the Honorable Mentor award is a highly-coveted industry accolade recognizing a man who demonstrates a long-term commitment to advancing women in the workforce, is dedicated to developing, mentoring and promoting women in the industry, and is supportive of the HBA’s mission.
Created in 2001, this award salutes the many contributions and gender parity progress the honoree has achieved throughout his career.
Historically, Honorable Mentors engage with the HBA in a number of ways throughout the year and join an elite group of previous winners who continue to participate in the community for years to come.
Former HBA President and CEO Laurie Cooke with 2021 HBA Honorable Mentor Dr. Rod MacKenzie, chief development officer and executive vice president, Pfizer
Benefits of the recognition:
- Keynote role at the Woman of the Year luncheon
- Invitations to all HBA reception(s) and events associated with the Woman of the Year luncheon
- Active support to prepare for the Woman of the Year event:
- Three preparatory teleconferences prior to the event
- In-person rehearsal session at the hotel with speaker coach support
- Invitation to speak at HBA events such as global webinars and chapter programs, and to attend the Building Better Business Connections (3BC) summit
- Invitation for a three-year term on the HBA advisory board to provide guidance to the HBA board of directors
- Exposure to the HBA's community of 60,000 leaders in healthcare and life-sciences through all communication channels
- Inclusion in the historical references of the HBA leadership
- Future invitations in years to come to key HBA events